The Toronto ABI Network is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from regional stakeholders to join one of two task groups. The purpose of this EOI is to identify individuals who are committed to participating in a task group and who have:
- Experience and expertise in supporting and treating those living with a brain injury, in hospital or the community
- The capacity to attend meetings* either in person, teleconference or webinar
- The support/approval of their organization to participate in the task group
* meetings are to be held quarterly; additional meetings may be planned as required in order to meet project deadlines
A balance of clinical and administrative expertise is being sought for each task group.
The Toronto Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Network was established in 1995 to address issues of fragmentation in the system and inequitable access to service for individuals with an acquired brain injury. Since that time the Network has become a leader in furthering equitable, accessible, responsive, cost-effective and quality publicly funded services.
In addition to managing a centralized referral system, the Toronto ABI Network works to address system level issues related to ABI service delivery, increase the profile of acquired brain injury and promote best practices across member organizations. A recognized leader in ABI, the Network is a strong and reputable advocate for the needs of those with acquired brain injury. Clients, families, ABI stakeholders, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Local Health Integration Networks and others rely on the Network for information and advice, and as a forum to identify and resolve issues affecting the coordination of ABI services across the Greater Toronto Area.
The following Task Groups are being formed to address the strategic priorities set for the 2017-2020 term:
- Hospital to Community Transitions Task Group
- Service Coordination and Integration for Complex Needs Task Group
Please note that these task groups will focus on publicly funded services.
To view the ‘Terms of Reference’ of each respective task group, please click on the links above.
Each task group will be supported by the Toronto ABI Network Secretariat to develop a detailed work plan and to produce the deliverable(s) of each respective initiative within the identified timeframe.
If you are interested in joining a task group, please complete and submit an application by Friday September 15, 2017. Click HERE to complete an application.