June is Brain Injury Awareness Month!
The Acquired Brain Injury and Society Team at Toronto Rehabilitation Institute-UHN, and the Acquired Brain Injury Research Lab at the University of Toronto & Toronto Rehab-UHN are pleased to announce the 2015 Speaker Series for Brain Injury Awareness Month, taking place throughout the month of June.
The Speaker Series features a multidisciplinary range of experts in the field of brain injury research and experts with lived experience. The aim is to make research about brain injury more accessible to the public.
Talks can be attended in person or via webinar; links to the talks will be posted on this website. Please note that while attendance is free of charge, you must register to attend via webinar using the link provided. A summary of the talks is listed below. For further information please visit: https://speakerseries2015.wordpress.com/
- Bhanu Sharma, MSc & Behdin Nowrouzi, PhD
- 5 Things you need to know about traumatic brain injury in the workplace
- June 2, 12 pm – 1 pm | Toronto Rehab Innovations Gallery, 550 University Ave
- Vincy Chan, MPH, PhD (C)
- Older adults with acquired brain injury: Who are they and what can we do?
- June 3, 12 pm – 1 pm | Toronto Rehab Lecture Theatre, 550 University Ave
- Tatyana Mollayeva, MD, PhD
- Disorders of sleep and wakefulness in persons with traumatic brain injury
- June 4, 12:10 pm – 1 pm | Rehab Sciences Building, 500 University Ave, Rm 132
- Lin Haag, MSW, RSW, PhD (C), Angela Colantonio, PhD
- Traumatic brain injury: What does gender have to do with it?
- June 5, 12 pm – 1 pm | Toronto Rehab Lecture Theatre, 550 University Ave
- Nora Cullen, MD, MSc
- Life after death
- June 10, 12 pm – 1 pm | Toronto Rehab Lecture Theatre, 550 University Ave
- Mark Bayley, MD, Mary Stergiou-Kita, PhD, & Angela Colantonio, PhD
- Return to work after traumatic brain injury
- June 18, 12 pm – 1 pm | Toronto Rehab Lecture Theatre, 550 University Ave
- Enrico Quilico, BEd, MA
- A road less travelled
- June 22, 12:10 pm – 1 pm | Rehab Sciences Building, 500 University Ave, Rm 150