Registration open for 2012 ABI Conference
Register now for the Toronto ABI Network Conference on November 8-9, 2012 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.
Keynote speakers for the 2012 conference:
- Dr. Mark Bernstein, Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto and Neurosurgeon at Toronto Western Hospital, will present on his use of qualitative research to explore the narrative of various aspects of patients’ experiences and his findings that the result can makes us better health care providers.
- Michael Blois, Law student, University of Western Ontario and former Master Corporal of the Royal Canadian Regiment, will speak on how the cultural attitudes of the military towards brain injury affected him and his transition to civilian life.
- Dr. Jeffrey Kleim, Psychologist and Associate Professor, School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering Neuroscience, Arizona State University, will present on Neural Plasticity as a foundation for neurorehabilitation.
- Paul Nadler, survivor/patient/student/director and author, will share his experience of making a film about living with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and how it exposed him to, prepared him for, and taught him how to live with TBI.
- Dr. Abe Snaiderman, Director, Neuropsychiatry Clinic, Neurorehabilitation Program, Toronto Rehab/UHN will speak on the challenges and rewards for professionals who care for people with acquired brain injury
The Conference will also include: hands-on workshops; podium and poster presentations on innovative research and evidence-based practice for ABI; and a networking wine and cheese reception. The full conference schedule is available here.
This popular national bi-annual conference attracts participants from across the ABI community, including service providers, legal representatives, individuals living with the effects of an ABI and their caregivers.