Toronto ABI Network Annual Report 2012/2013 now available
The Toronto ABI Network Annual Report 2013/2013 is now available online and in hard copy format. This year’s report, Stimulating System Change to Improve Outcomes, takes a closer look at some of the initiatives the Network engaged in over the past year to help drive system improvements in the way ABI services are delivered.
Among the key highlights in this year’s report:
- An enhanced model for improving referrals to inpatient rehabilitation programs is proving to be more efficient, enhancing the flow of patients from acute care to inpatient rehabilitation and saving bed days;
- An ABI system analysis is indicating to date that services and systems are not coordinated to provide the appropriate mix of support needed to address ABI patients with complex needs;
- A partnership with representatives from the ABI, dual diagnosis, developmental disabilities, and mental health and addiction sectors is exploring ways to better support individuals with complex ABI and mental health or other issues;
- The Network conducted a study funded by the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation to evaluate access to concussion care in Ontario, in collaboration with Toronto Rehab/University Health Network; and
- The Network continues to foster change through education, hosting over 200 family doctors at a half-day workshop on diagnosing and treating concussions and welcoming 470 attendees to the Network’s bi-annual ABI Network Conference.
If you would prefer to have a hard copy of our 2012/2013 Annual Report, please email your request to Karen Allison, Office Manager, at [email protected].